Himalayan ratling noise

Yes louder but still have this very unsual sound .
Breaking has been made with attention , 3500/4000 rpm max , oil change at 500 and 1200 km , warming the bike etc …
@stormy how long did you run the stock ECU???

Throughout that period you've been running very very lean, possibly the seizure (if it happened) could be related to that...

Not sure running the stock ecu make this kind of seizure .
And does this seizure is leading to this noise ?

Last edited:
Not sure running the stock ecu make this kind of seizure .

I am sure it does. that is why we use PT or red box. the stock ECU is WAY too lean. even with FuelX Pro on maximum setting it is still too lean.
So I guess we have found the reason. An oil thermometer might have helped - or a look at the spark plug which should be white or very light brown

And does this seizure is leading to this noise ?
there is no telling where it comes from so yes, it is possible. if you have the engine open at least change the rings - and if you have a shop nearby which can do honing do a minimal honing. there is no big damage yet and you can possibly just continue to run that engine as is but I would rather err on the safe side.

No pics of the Piston ?, the markings on the bore would indicate heat, a Hone will remove them.

I have been unable to run a Big Bore on the stock ECU ( hey the stock bike only just runs on it! :D ) Exhaust systems , air box mods all add to Lean running and Lean is Hot.

I am sure it does. that is why we use PT or red box. the stock ECU is WAY too lean. even with FuelX Pro on maximum setting it is still too lean.
So I guess we have found the reason. An oil thermometer might have helped - or a look at the spark plug which should be white or very light brown

there is no telling where it comes from so yes, it is possible. if you have the engine open at least change the rings - and if you have a shop nearby which can do honing do a minimal honing. there is no big damage yet and you can possibly just continue to run that engine as is but I would rather err on the safe side.
Yes honing and changing the ring must be the way to follow .
I will look to someone to hone the barrel .
For the segment can you them send to France ?

No pics of the Piston ?, the markings on the bore would indicate heat, a Hone will remove them.

I have been unable to run a Big Bore on the stock ECU ( hey the stock bike only just runs on it! :D ) Exhaust systems , air box mods all add to Lean running and Lean is Hot.
No pictures of the piston , but as i will have to open the engine i will take somes

Back