Bs6 euro 5 himalayan + powertronic v4

zirak

Has anyone here tried to fit the powertronic v4 to the euro5 himalayan? I'm facing some issues with the bike cutting off and stalling and i tried all solutions with no luck.
I have seen some videos and people talking about ecu problems and needing an update, but where i live there is only one RE dealer and they don't seem to do their job well, so I'm thinking of fitting a powertronic v4 in hopes of fixing this problem.

You may be OK with the much cheaper FuelX - its a bit like the "powerplug" for the BS4 if you have not done any modding to the engine.
If you go thru the entire history of the Hima your problems are not uncommon but different owners claim different solutions - even changing to a better spark plug may fix it. I do have a BS6 with PT4 and I still have occasional stalling with a cold engine (but I also have a 500cc engine) - so it may or may not fix the problem for you.

In general we do not have maps for a stock Hima that we optimized here. Most ppl here use a big bore or at least a different cam which requires quite bit of map modding to run well.

For the mods this is what i have installed ( i had the problem before all of them) :
-Ht-b camshaft
-fuelx pro ( tried all the maps still no difference, only difference is in fuel consumption getting higher with no significant improve in power)
-iridium spark plug
- powerage exhaust
- dna air filter with open air box
I start stalling when the bike gets warm, on cold starts it starts so well.

You may be OK with the much cheaper FuelX - its a bit like the "powerplug" for the BS4 if you have not done any modding to the engine.
If you go thru the entire history of the Hima your problems are not uncommon but different owners claim different solutions - even changing to a better spark plug may fix it. I do have a BS6 with PT4 and I still have occasional stalling with a cold engine (but I also have a 500cc engine) - so it may or may not fix the problem for you.

In general we do not have maps for a stock Hima that we optimized here. Most ppl here use a big bore or at least a different cam which requires quite bit of map modding to run well.
I also tried replacing the relays under the seat and behind the right cover with no difference, i don't think it's a fuel pump / fuel filter issue since it doesn't stall when cold l, only when hot and after a long stretch of road.
Here are some videos.

I start stalling when the bike gets warm, on cold starts it starts so well.
I have not heard stalling when warm - except my own bike but it later came to light that I had installed the cabling for fuelx pro and pt4 in the wrong way. the stalling went away when I fixed that. let me repeat here: there is a way to install them in the wrong way as I found out. with the help of whatsapp and the racedynamic support hotline I got it fixed (rather my mechanic in Leh got it fixed for me - my mechanic in Rishikesh had done it in the wrong way).
this is the whatsapp number: +918123449292

I have not heard stalling when warm - except my own bike but it later came to light that I had installed the cabling for fuelx pro and pt4 in the wrong way. the stalling went away when I fixed that. let me repeat here: there is a way to install them in the wrong way as I found out. with the help of whatsapp and the racedynamic support hotline I got it fixed (rather my mechanic in Leh got it fixed for me - my mechanic in Rishikesh had done it in the wrong way).
this is the whatsapp number: +918123449292
I only have the fuelx pro installed and i don't have a pt4, and i already had the problem before i have done any mod to the bike. I will try and get the dealer to perform an ecu update to the bike, otherwise i will search for someone outside the dealer to do it for me and i will update you.

with "stalling" you mean the engine stops - or do you mean the entire electrical system goes dark (which would be the ignition key set)?

OK, but it stalls in idle only or does it stop in full drive? what is your idle rpm with warm engine?

Stalls only at idle. My idle is usually between 1300 and 1200. But when this problem happens the idle drops to 1000rpm, sometimes the bike doesn't stall when it's hot

1200-1300 is about right. and it NEVER happens in cold condition?
fuel pump is OK?
this is very strange - especially as this fault has survived all the mods you did.
How frequent is it? every day? every 100km on average?

On cold starts the engine runs smooth and alright and never stalls, when the engine gets warm after 30kms~ it starts stalling, i need to let it sit for some minutes and it starts like new again like the problem never happened

spark plug sits tight?
also: it may be a time thing, not a temperature thing. maybe a lose contact in the spark wiring. what leads to engine stop when heated up?
I do not know anything. but lose electrical contact could be a problem after some driving/shaking
replace the cables from spark plug to ignition coil - if you can borrow a ignition coil (that actually may short when hot)

I will see if i can get my hands on ignition coil and test it, since it sits right ontop of the engine it might get heat soaked and fail.

If this happens EVERY time you go about 30km - that is a good thing, if it only happens some times thats shitty -
I have a good relation ship with my dealer, if a problem like this appears he lets me use parts from his demo bike for testing. I would systematically go thru all parts that even remotely could be the reason, starting with the ignition coil, spark plug, then on to the fuel pump, then the TB with ECU.
The Hima is a simple bike - there are not that many components that COULD be faulty and if your bike is still in warranty then its in his own interest to help.

Sadly there is only one dealer where i live and they don't seem to care, they don't even have oil filters in stock at the moment, i need to wait another 15days.

On cold starts the engine runs smooth and alright and never stalls, when the engine gets warm after 30kms~ it starts stalling, i need to let it sit for some minutes and it starts like new again like the problem never happened
Tappets been set tight can do that.

I finally fixed the problem and the bike doesn't stall anymore, turns out there was a fault code for engine oil temperature, the bike overheated sometime and the code was stuck in the ecu and it affected the performance of the bike when it warmed up, after clearing up the fault codes and reseting all the sensors, the bike runs well now and no stalling and also a slight bump in the performance.

Back