J-Engine 410cc Thread

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
I have now driven the Hunter 410 for about 300km and its going very well - with zero other enhancements - no mods at all except the 410cc cylinder.
The additional torque kicks in at around 3500rpm - and it is going up to 110 in no time (much faster than the 350).
This means if one is happy with the original power a 16 teeth sprocket would up the top speed by maybe 10-15kmh.
I have to say I am really positively surprised - I did not expect this effect from only 54 add. cc in displacement. Makes me wonder why RE has not designed it like this from the start. They may be hung up on the 350 number due to the ETERNAL BULLET knowing they would use the same engine for the "reborn classic".

I am preparing 2 more 410cc cylinders that I will sell to forum members with a J engine who want to try it out at a very interesting price point.
Still have to figure out what that would be - but please PM me if interested!

Last edited:
Dool informed me that I made a slight measurement error. Its a 410cc Hunter (not 400 as previously mentioned - I edited the msgs) :)

Hunter 410 -1.jpg

Last edited:
Please continue discussions specific to the 410cc BigBore here.

Took the 410 Hunter down to our "speed test range" and it got to 120 kmh indicated real quick. The top speed is not higher than stock, but you get there quicker. Also: I am 110KG and have the Meteor high handlebar on the Hunter so more wind resistance. I am quite happy with the result considering the Hunter is 100% stock except the added displacement and in the light of the 110kmh the 350 Meteor was able to reach with Hunter ECU and Powertronic.

Back